Planning to attend holiday parties this season? Here are some tips to help avoid the stress of dressing for the festivities:
– Plan ahead. Decide what you are going to wear ahead of time. Don’t wait until zero hour.
– The more important the event, the more important it is to have a dress rehearsal beforehand.
– Check to make sure you have the appropriate accessories for your outfit: smaller handbag or clutch, lingerie, outerwear wrap.
– Take inclement weather conditions into account. What if it suddenly gets cold? You can’t wear a ski parka over a cocktail dress.
– Don’t think your outfit has quite enough pizazz? For instant glamour:
o Try lace, fishnet, or patterned stockings to transform your look.
o Wear an additional coat of mascara on your upper/outer lashes, and brighten your lips accordingly. Or better yet, ROCK the RED Lipstick!
Set the stage while you are getting ready. If you have social anxiety or low energy, play music to calm you or jazz you up, according to your mood. Mask your face and hands, get a manicure, have your hair done, or get a massage beforehand. Enjoy a glass of wine. But most importantly, be prepared to have fun!