Recently I was guest author at a large women’s event in Central Texas. What a thrill to meet so many of my readers. To make my booth interesting, I posted questions pertaining to style, aging, and what happens to women as we mature. All questions which are answered in our book, QUINTESSENTIAL STYLE.
I was quite surprised by some of the responses to my questions. For example, when asked: “What two things make women look older?” One woman replied, “Is it EYELINER?”
That wasn’t quite the answer I had in mind. But perhaps, in some cases, eyeliner might age a woman’s face. It all depends on how they use it.
I decided to base this week’s blog on the very same questions, to see how many you can answer. If you get stumped, I have given you page numbers to find the answers, so you can look them up.
- What are two things that cause all women to look older? (page 99)
- Closely relating to the question above is this one: What is a FALL-OFF POINT? (We all have one.) Have you had one? And what can you do about it? (page 100)
- How can you make a black dress work for you, when it really isn’t working for you? (page 30)
- Do you look better when you wear white or off-white? (pages 28, and 23-26)
- What unconscious message you are sending when you wear the color red? (page 31)
- How can a jacket be powerful? (page 51)
- How can Sets of Accessories solve your wardrobe dilemmas? (page 53)
- How can you give yourself an instant “eye lift?” (page 110) OR read my blog from last week.
- Why does wearing a solid color outfit, versus a color-block outfit, make you appear slimmer? (page 42)
- When should you wear a pattern with “curved lines?” (page 40)
- Is your closet a river or is it “The Dead Sea?” (Chapter 6)
- How can you combat loss of elasticity, aging lines, and brown spots? (page 96)
- How can the proper placement of blush help you look younger? (page 105)
- Where is the FIRST place you should always go to shop? (page 79)
- Do you know the five steps to beautiful skin? (page 90)
- What is a PERSONALITY PYRAMID, and why is it so important? (page 61)
- Do you know which patterns and prints look best on you and why? (page 21)
- Are you often disappointed when you come home from a shopping trip? (page 77)
- What are the TWO BEST Shoe Colors to own? (page 29)
- What ONE THING should you do every day to exfoliate, polish, and prepare your skin for makeup? (page 91)
- What is the ULTIMATE ACCESSORY TO OWN? (page 59)
- How can The Bottoms-Up Rule help you pull any outfit together? (page 58)
Once a teacher, always a teacher. I guess I just love to give a quiz.